Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Top 10 Design Mistakes in Weblogs

Jakob Nielsen weighs in on ten more design mistakes. Does anyone else find his website horrible to look at? Definitely lowers my opinion of the guy. Anyway...

1. No Author Biographies
2. No Author Photo
3. Nondescript Posting Titles
4. Links Don't Say Where They Go
5. Classic Hits are Buried
6. The Calendar is the Only Navigation
7. Irregular Publishing Frequency
8. Mixing Topics
9. Forgetting That You Write for Your Future Boss
10. Having a Domain Name Owned by a Weblog Service

How did I do?

1. Got it. Click the profile link above.
2. I'm doing you all a favour by not showing a photo.
3. The meat is not in the headline.
4. Scoble will hate this one.
5. If I ever get a hit, I'll make sure I can find it later.
6. I voted for categories here. Damn, there's #4 again.
7. I won't commit to anything regular, but I try to get here three to five times a week.
8. I don't have enough to say without mixing topics!
9. If my future boss reads this, I'm available anytime. :)
10. If you're blogging for hobby, this is ok. If you're doing it for work, I agree.

2 comments:

  1. you're not the only one who wasn't impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve Rankin2:46 pm

    Hi Mark,

    "Does anyone else find his website horrible to look at?"

    Design by Fire gave his site an update.

    Read the full article here.

    cya
    -Steve Rankin

    ReplyDelete