Wednesday, May 10, 2006

15 Ways to Live Longer

Forbes has a list of 15 ways to live longer. Let's see how I measure up.

1. Don't oversleep.

I have a five-year-old and a two-year-old. No chance of oversleeping.

2. Be optimistic.

Tough one. From 8:00 to 4:30 it's hard to be optimistic. Overall though, I think I'm even on this one.

3. Have more sex.

See #1.

4. Get a pet.

Yup. Here she is:



5. Get a VAP (cholesterol test).

I have, but not recently. Bad me.

6. Be rich.

If only I'd had the foresight to get a RIM job ten years ago...

7. Stop smoking.

This implies I'd need to start in the first place.

8. Chill out.

Dude, don't harsh my mellow.

9. Eat your antioxidants.

I'd say I'm ok on this one.

10. Marry well.

Hey, it's my fifteenth wedding anniversary tomorrow, and I could not have married better.

11. Exercise.

Summer == biking/hiking. Winter == curling. Got this one covered.

12. Laugh a little.

See #1. One thing the parenting books fail to mention is how funny the little darlings are. I am often doubled over laughing at the things my kids come up with.

13. Lose weight.

See #11.

14. Manage stress.

See #12. And #11.

15. Meditate.

I never really saw the point to meditation. Maybe this is it?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:11 pm

    Happy anniversary!
    -Steve Rankin

    ReplyDelete