Thursday, May 25, 2006

Inverhuron Provincial Park


We spent a few cold soggy days at Inverhuron Provincial Park over the long weekend. This park opened for overnight camping last summer, and it's quite nice. The campsites aren't all that private, but they've just recently been hacked out of the bush, so that's to be expected.

The beach is sandy, but there's also a stretch of shoreline that is quite rocky. The girls had a good time looking for seashells and sparkly rocks, and sitting by the campfire to stay warm. The one afternoon that it poured rain we taught the five-year-old to play Texas Hold 'Em and Blackjack while the two-year-old slept. Good thing we weren't playing for money - she kicked my ass!

This was the maiden voyage in the new trailer, and we tried out the heater and the heated mattresses, neither of which we thought we'd use much. Good thing they were there!

From the "kids say the darndest things" file... I'm in the comfort station with the two-year-old, and I need to use the facilities. The place is busy, and I'm afraid that if I leave her outside the stall she'll run out the door of the comfort station when someone comes in. So I take her into the stall with me, and she uses her best outside voice to ask, "What are you doing?" I say, "nothing, I just need to sit down for a minute." After a while she figures out what's going on and shouts, "Oh! You pooped in the potty! Good for you!"

The joys of toilet training a two-year-old. At home she gets a sticker when she does that, but all I got was a high five.

()
()

2 comments:

  1. When some one decides to give a description of the Camp ground that they have been to it would be a
    help full if they just commented on the park there first impressions
    at the start of there stay, then
    a update on there impressions of the quality of there stay an what was offered for there stay.
    NOT there Kids POOP or there new trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything else I can do for you?

    ReplyDelete