Thursday, October 05, 2006

Drinking tea soothes stress?

Yes, in theory.

I had a hankering for a nice relaxing cup of tea recently. So I went to our kitchen area here at work, and selected a soothing green tea. I read the back of the package. "Gently soothing" it says. "Calm yourself" it says. Great, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

I tear into the package. It won't open. I grip it harder, trying to remove the plastic wrap. Still nothing. I try using my teeth, my fingernails, cursing. Damn you soothing green tea package!

I storm over to the paper cutter and in one swift motion I bring the guillotine of death down upon the tea package, daring it to laugh at me now!

Soothing my ass...

()

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:37 pm

    You got the paper cutter to actually cut somethiing? Best I've been able to do is to get it bend paper...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some asshat's been using it to open teabags...

    :)

    ReplyDelete