Monday, November 05, 2007

For good measure

I was having a discussion at work this afternoon with a colleague, and the conversation turned to measuring a large quantity of something. In this case, it was memory leakage, but that's irrelevant to this story.

I said that the exact amount in question wasn't important, since the differential between measurements was what we were looking for. So if the first measurement was "an assload" and the second measurement was "less than an assload" that was close enough.

This brought about the question of what unit of measure is at work when the total is "an assload"?

After some heated discussion, we decided it's a "niblet".

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love how you are running this blog. I just started a blog of my own and I was wondering if you would like to do a link exchange with my site. My site can be found at:

    Absolutesportsreport.blogspot.com

    If you want to do this, just leave a comment on my site, on any post, and I’ll link you later that night.

    Thanks,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete