Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's Community Helper week

This is Community Helper week at my daughter's school, and I had the chance yesterday to spend half-an-hour talking to the Junior Kindergarten class about my job, and how I help people in the community.

I brought a couple of sheets of film and a laptop with the PACS client on it. The kids were surprisingly good at identifying arms and legs in the exams I showed them. I thought it best to stick with the simple stuff - no fetal ultrasounds, as I didn't want to leave the teacher answering "where do babies come from?" all day.





They loved the angio exam I showed, when they could see what a beating heart looks like. One little girl said, "I feel my heart all the time, but that's the first time I ever saw one BEEPING!"

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Marc!

    I hope they ask me to do the same for my daughter's class; it would be a change from the kind of calls I normally get from school.

    ReplyDelete