Thursday, May 22, 2008

There's no wind left in my soul, and I've grown old

I was on the last multivitamin the other day, so I stopped by the drugstore on my way home from work to pick up a new bottle. Grabbed one, got home, and opened the old bottle to take out the last vitamin. The bottle looked a little different from the one I just bought. Took a closer look. Turns out, I've been taking the "Gold" version - for "Active adults over 50".

That explains why I've been driving 20 km/h under the speed limit. Yelling at the kids to turn down that crazy music. Going to bed at 8:00pm. Getting up to pee three times during the night. Hating gay marriage. Voting Conservative.

Sheesh. I should take a handful of Flintstones vitamins as an antidote.

4 comments:

  1. The Flintstone's DO work for returning the vigors of youth.. I try to take a small hand full once or twice a week while I'm doling them out to my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give it a shot. :)

    Dino was always my favourite when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings,

    It's funny that you allude to being an older person as someone who hates gay marriage, because I'm 27 and think it's completely wrong. I mean, it's totally unnatural - the body doesn't work that way. I don't mean to turn a funny post into something serious, just thought I'd mention that.

    By the way, I saw your comment on the PICK story on the Daily WTF. In case you're wondering, that's how I came across your weblog.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, feel free to hate anything you like. I just take issue with those (mostly older, in my experience) who think gay marriage is a sign of the apocalypse.

    If you don't like it, that's cool, just don't do it. But don't expect the world to end because it's legal.

    ReplyDelete