Friday, May 02, 2008

You are young and life is long

In Ontario, the legal age to buy alcohol is 19.

I got asked for ID at the Beer Store yesterday. "Carded," for those of you in other jurisdictions.

I stared at the guy for a second, pulled out my driver's license and handed it to him. He read it, eyes widened, and handed it back, muttering, "Sorry."

I said, "That's ok."

He said, "You know, I'm supposed to ask anyone who looks under 30 if they have ID. But I guess I was WAY OFF."

I said, "Dude, you don't have to rub it in."

I have always looked younger than I am, I suppose. But TWENTY YEARS younger? C'mon, when I was 18 years old Ronald Reagan was president. Jim Bakker was getting jiggy with Jessica Hahn. Gary Hart was getting jiggy with Donna Rice.

You get the idea.

3 comments:

  1. LOL. You know, you should be proud. I read a comment the other day in which somebody was saying how beautiful the pictures of me and my granddaughter were...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. :)

    I was thinking, if I was 18, that means I got married at the age of one, and my daughter was born when I was 11 !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mickey of Kalyespeak8:03 am

    Haha, that's a quick turn of emotion. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete