Monday, May 11, 2009

Signs you are going to have a bad day

The burial for my mother-in-law is this afternoon. She passed away at the end of February, but now that the ground has thawed, it's time for the burial. I came in early to get some stuff done, since I won't be here this afternoon. Logged in to my computer, or rather, tried to log in...



Not going to be a good day. And, the eight-year-old was puking again last night.

However, it is my eighteenth wedding anniversary, so maybe that will counteract the bad mojo I have brewing.

4 comments:

  1. We just buried my grandfather last Monday....same scenerio....died in February and had to wait for the frozen Tundra to thaw. Kinda rough to have to go through it all over again.

    Hope your day gets better! Sadly, even where you are going may be less painful than work...

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Work is actually going well these days - the new product is full of opportunity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's two things I learned today.
    1) this thing about having to wait until the ground thaws to for the burials. It's something we were discussing with other bloggers (in Spanish, though) not long ago
    2) That Emily also blogs. I had no idea, so I'm on my way to check out her blog!

    I hope your day got better. 18 years is very impressive. I've been married for 17 and my wife has been regretting it for 16.5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gabriel.

    My day did get better. My daughter is feeling much better.

    Now that I have two daughters I feel like a Mormon - my three wives keep me in line. :)

    ReplyDelete