Monday, April 04, 2011

Green is the Colour

We have a cork board here at SuperMegaCorp, where the fish tank used to sit until it caught fire one weekend.  The cork board has become ground zero in a war between a group of climate change deniers and their foes.  It is a wasteland of journal articles and pages from the Science section in the Toronto Sun.

All of this reminds me of a University roommate I had once.  Whenever he was confronted by a crowd of hemp clothing-wearing, Birkenstock-sporting, clove cigarette-smoking hippies, he would loudly exclaim, "Fuck the Indians!  Fuck the forests!  Feed me today!"

Come to think of it, that's not a bad Conservative campaign slogan...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 pm

    Back in my hippy days, I had a great T-shirt that I used to wear when I felt my environmental activist friends were getting just a too serious. It said "Nuke the Great Whales!"

    Let me tell you, those stone-ground ragweed eating, Birkenstock-wearing hippies have no sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that when you had hair down to your ass?

    Ah, the good old days...

    ReplyDelete