Friday, October 28, 2011

Everything under the sun is in tune

We went to see a performance by the Classic Albums Live group at the Centre in the Square last night.  They did Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.  I was reluctant to go originally, thinking I might be disappointed.  I was mistaken - the band was incredible.  Their tag line is "Cut for cut.  Note for note."  And it was.  The lead guitar player is outstanding. He not only had the notes down, but he had the exact guitar tone on every song.

The second half of the show was a greatest hits - Shine On, Mother, Wish You Were Here, Young Lust, Sheep, a thundering Run Like Hell, and they wrapped up with an extended Comfortably Numb.  Again, note for note - the solo at the end was exactly the same as the one on the Pulse live album.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:34 pm

    Wow, I wish I had gone to that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're coming back in February. Don't miss it!

    ReplyDelete